Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 16:21:31 +0200
From: Ɓukasz Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: sha256 format patches

I've switched to work on phpass but unfortunately I didn't finished
this task yet. I took me much more time to understand how phpass
works, and develop cpu code which can be easily moved to gpu than it
should.

I'am also having trouble with hardware, because of shipping problem i
didn't get my cuda capable card yet and stuck in place. I have code
that "should" work fine on gpu but it doesn't. Moving code from cpu to
gpu is not straightforward and I must spend on it few more days. I
should have working cuda phpass code till Wednesday, and then i will
work on sha256 crypt, leaving phpass optimizations todo later. I think
that my timeline will need changes. I've declared 24h/week in May
which is insufficient for bigger tasks.
Thanks for testing last sha256 patch version.
I'll try to find this ugly bug in free time, but for now it's not urgent.

Thank lukas.