Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 11:10:04 +0300
From: Shinnok <admin@...nnok.com>
To: <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: JtR GUI: Qt and WxWidgets native look'n'feel in GNOME and
 KDE

Hi Aleksey,

On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 13:39:28 +0400, Aleksey Cherepanov
<aleksey.4erepanov@...il.com> wrote:
> Looking through screenshots of JtR GUIs on the wiki it was noted that on
> different systems with gnome applications using WxWidgets could look
> differently because these systems use different theme engines and
> settings.
>
> It gave birth to the question: does Qt support GNOME themes and
> settings? And to the opposite question: does WxWidgets support KDE
> themes and settings?
>
> I searched internet about it and found that for Qt there is QGtkStyle
> that renders Qt applications through GTK so it should support GNOME
> themes.

Yes Qt's GTK style does respect Gnome themes. For e.g. my screenshots on
the
wiki show Johnny under 2 different Gnome themes:
Unity:
http://openwall.info/wiki/_detail/people/shinnok/johnny/johnny-gnome-unity-1.png?id=john%3AGUI&cache=cache
Clearlooks:
http://openwall.info/wiki/_detail/people/shinnok/johnny/johnny-gnome-clearlooks-2.png?id=john%3AGUI&cache=cache