Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 21:48:19 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: xvendor@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: "going public"

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:01:19AM -0600, Vincent Danen wrote:
> I think that a mention on the oss-security wiki may not be bad, in an
> "extra links" section or something.

Thanks for the suggestion.  We do not currently have an "extra links"
section on the oss-security wiki.  Instead, we have "Security-related
mailing lists" and "Links to other security-related websites", neither
of which is suitable as-is, although we could perhaps either create an
"extra links" section or add a subsection to one of those existing wiki
pages.  One issue here is that xvendor does not currently have a web
page with subscription instructions, charter, links to archives -
perhaps such a web page should be created first - outside of the
oss-security wiki.  Does this sound like a good idea to you?

> The people on the list could also
> forward details internally.  For instance, I may be on here representing
> Mandriva but I largely deal with security-related stuff, so it would
> probably be in both the list's and Mandriva's interest to have one or
> two of the actual developers on board.

Indeed.  I'd expect that people would either forward specific xvendor
postings to others within their organizations/teams as appropriate or
invite others to join.  For example, you can forward my response to
Sebastian's questions, along with a comment of your own, as an
invitation for others at Mandriva to join xvendor.

Thanks again,

Alexander