Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:34:01 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: xvendor@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: "going public"

Hi,

I'd like to revitalize this list.  Two of the things I'd like to do are:

1. Make the xvendor archive public on the web, with e-mail addresses
obfuscated.  This will apply to past messages as well (there are 60 of
them so far, this one is the 61st).  Initially, I'd host the archive on
the Openwall website only, with full control over how addresses are
obfuscated, etc.  Submitting the list to third-party archives, some of
which have far more advanced web interfaces, may be done later.

2. Describe xvendor on a public website - including purpose and policy
of the list.  I am not sure what website this should be on; maybe I'll
just put the info somewhere on the Openwall website for lack of a better
place (that would actually receive visitors).

Note that right now the list is not pre-moderated - there's neither
subscription nor message moderation.  Perhaps this will have to change
in a while after "going public".

Comments?  Objections?

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar at openwall.com>
GPG key ID: 5B341F15  fp: B3FB 63F4 D7A3 BCCC 6F6E  FC55 A2FC 027C 5B34 1F15