Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:23:09 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: bug@...cmail.org
Cc: xvendor@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: procmail mailbox truncation bug

Hi,

A while ago I wrote about a procmail bug resulting in mailbox
corruptions and provided a patch.  Well, Dr. Werner Fink of SuSE has
discovered a bug in my patch (and Sebastian Krahmer brought it to my
attention).  I had overlooked the fact that the "lasttell" variable is
also used from comsat.c, so my patch broke comsat/biff functionality.

There's now an updated patch which does not alter the value of
"lasttell", available at this same CVSweb URL:

http://cvsweb.openwall.com/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/Owl/packages/procmail/

It's revision 1.2 of procmail-3.22-owl-truncate.diff.

With apologies for the bug,

Alexander