Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:38:11 -0700
From: Seth Arnold <sarnold@...ex.com>
To: xvendor@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: openssl blinding and threads?

Yesterday, I saw someone on IRC mention that Red Hat's OpenSSL update
(either to turn on blinding, or the oracle fix) broke threading, backed up
with the idea that recompiling stunnel to use fork() instead of whatever
thread library it had been using, caused some problems of his to go away.

I wasn't able to drag out better information from him before he
dissapeared, but I thought I'd mention it as a heads-up, in case any of
you run into similar problems.

--
"Learning curve encryption is much more powerful than
eliptical curve encryption." -- Alan Olsen