Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 14:11:54 +0100
From: John Spencer <maillist-musl@...fooze.de>
To:  henriqueleng@...nmailbox.org
CC:  sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Building kernel and bzimage to UEFI

Henrique Lengler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to setup sabotage, and I want to customize and build the
> kernel, but I don't know how to do this in sabotage.
> I am a gentoo and UEFI user and the main customizations I do in the
> kernel to have my system working are:
>
> - Enable CONFIG_EFI_STUB support
> - Enable Built-in kernel command line,
> that I use to fix a sound card problem and to set the root partition.
> - Enable wifi card ath9k_htc driver
> And some other customizations...

could you please submit a patch (or pull request on github) adding the
options you need to KEEP/linux.config ?
that way other people with a similar config could benefit as well from
your changes.

> Also to make UEFI boot work I enter arch/x86_64/boot and I copy the
> bzImage to /boot/EFI/boot/. So my system boot as a UEFI system.
>
> The problem I don't know where this folder stay in sabotage and I can't
> find anything in the web.
>
> So can you guys please help to reach the kernel configurations, and tell
> what to do after my customizations?

it seems like will cunningham already pointed you into the right
direction, but i'll still answer the questions for the record.

the UEFI procedure is documented on the wiki page
https://github.com/sabotage-linux/sabotage/wiki/Installation-on-hard-disk

and judging from your questions on IRC the folder you're talking about
is the folder containing the kernel sources, which resides in
/src/build/kernel/linux-3.XX.XX (but only after the build was started
once via butch).

the kernel configuration is in KEEP/linux.config.

> After learn, I would like to write more documentation to help other guys
> like me.

that would be very welcome. feel free to add content and improve the
wiki on github.

--JS