Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 01:34:52 -0600
From: will cunningham <willpanther@...il.com>
To: sabotage@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Building kernel and bzimage to UEFI

Henrique,

If you look at the last thread on this list where I was asking how to get
this loaded on a hard drive, you'll see a couple different ways to do this
including Paul's hack, and John's reference to this doc on the WIKI:

https://github.com/sabotage-linux/sabotage/wiki/Installation-on-hard-disk

Most distro's disks will work to boot from a live CD(I used Arch, but
Gentoo would be fine), to reformat the hard drive, and then I copied my
Sabotage directory from a USB pen drive and the rest is pretty much on the
WIKI.

As you've used Gentoo, which isn't too far from John's method(fdisk,
creating file systems...), except for the extlinux, most of this will look
familiar to you.  If you follow the links on the WIKI there is plenty to
mix and match to have a decent understanding of how to get this done.  I
used the entries from one of them to adjust my /etc/fstab as well, but
nothing too strange there.

You're not that far off,

Will

On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 10:31 PM, Henrique Lengler <
henriqueleng@...nmailbox.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 10, 2014 at 05:12:54PM -0600, will cunningham wrote:
> >    Then you're good to go.
> >    While that worked for me, others please chime in if there are problems
> >    with that as a generic way to do it.
>
> Thank you, it worked. But I receive a message that gcc doesn't support
> plugins. I used the string "" to ignore this, and I don't know if this
> action will cause any problem in the future.
>
> And after all this things came another questions. How will I be able to
> put this distro in my host computer considering that I will be using it?
> Will I need to log in another live CD? How did you this?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Henrique Lengler

Content of type "text/html" skipped