Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 02:31:53 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: offtopic: SMTP server to accept faxes

Stephen,

You've managed to post your message with a meaningless Subject.  I've
changed it on this response.  I will also unsubscribe you from this
mailing list because popa3d is obviously not what you need.

The only reason why I am responding on the list is that the question is
already in here.  No further discussion of it should occur on the list.

The response is below:

On Thu, Mar 22, 2007 at 05:58:54PM -0400, RC9647@....com wrote:
> However it only supports mail accounts with no  authentication or using the POP
> before SMTP authentication Method.  Man  providers have abandoned this method in
> recent months.  I need to set up on  my home network a solution that can
> receive this email from the fax and using a  mail client or through some means
> forward it to my corporate or even my  broadband providers mail neither of which
> support this authentication  method.

You need your own SMTP server, not your own POP3 server (such as popa3d).
Yes, you may set that up on your home network - or we can do it for you
remotely if you have a spare computer for this that you'd boot off a CD,
provided that you compensate for our time.  Please e-mail me privately
if interested.

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar at openwall.com>
GPG key ID: 5B341F15  fp: B3FB 63F4 D7A3 BCCC 6F6E  FC55 A2FC 027C 5B34 1F15