Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 22:01:14 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: POP-before-SMTP (Re: Built In SSL Support)

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 03:51:33PM +0200, Piter Graba wrote:
> > You do.  It's a part of the patch and will appear as a file once you
> > apply the patch.
>
> everything what I try to change in params.h makes the same problem -
> "  parse error before ... ( different lines numbers ) "

I've verified that popa3d with this patch builds, so it must be you
not configuring it properly.  As this patch isn't mine and in fact not
recommended by me (the popa3d web page clearly says that the
recommended way to do POP-before-SMTP is via whoson), I'd rather not
spend my time on investigating your particular misconfiguration unless
you pay for this work (at $40/hour as this is popa3d-related).

And I really do recommend you to use whoson.  This is what I am using.
It may be even more complicated to setup (on the sendmail side in
particular: you'll have to patch and rebuild sendmail as well), but
the resulting setup is better.

> without changes in params.h popa3d compiles correct but does'nt work after
> instalation.

What exactly doesn't work?  Does it not work at all or is it just the
POP-before-SMTP feature?

> how should I understand options in params.h file ?
> can I get any info or manual ?

The only info available currently is in the comments near each option
in params.h itself.

--
Alexander Peslyak <solar@...nwall.com>
GPG key ID: B35D3598  fp: 6429 0D7E F130 C13E C929  6447 73C3 A290 B35D 3598