Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:13:21 +0000
From: Michael Coulter <mjc@...z.ca>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Built In SSL Support

On Tue, Aug 12, 2003 at 03:31:26PM +1000, Daniel wrote:

> I don't want a stunnel solution, or an VPN type solution.

Why not ? Using either of these solutions simplify the job of
popa3d considerably. Stunnel chroots and drops privileges.
Popa3d employs privilege separation techniques, this means
a mininimum amount of code is run with privileges. This is
the way I want applications on my machines to run.

> etc. but I think inbuilt support for SSL is also crucial.

Crucial ? I've been running pop3 + ssl using stunnel for months
now on quite a few machines. It doesn't seem like I'm missing
anything crucial.