Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 04:58:31 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: popa3d on solaris 9

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 07:44:18PM -0500, J.D. Bronson wrote:
> At 07:38 PM 04/28/2003, you wrote:
> >Do you still remember what version that was?
>
> 0.5.9?

Well, there have been no performance related changes since then.

> >Out of curiosity, -- are you building popa3d with its PAM support on
> >Solaris?
>
> No? - I dont think so...I set it to use shadow - if thats what you mean...I
> dont understand much at all about PAM, except when I am in the kitchen :)
>
> I would be happy to try or test for you, if you give me some directions on
> what to do and test. I have several machines I can play with that are all
> the same as my production units, but not in production.

I don't really ask you to test it.  I know it works, -- but of course
with any additional install a bug might show up.

It will require more configuration (editing of /etc/pam.conf), and it
will also make things a little slower because more shared
libraries and the PAM modules would need to be mapped and invoked.

--
/sd