Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 19:44:18 -0500
From: "J.D. Bronson" <jeff@...c.com>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: popa3d on solaris 9

At 07:38 PM 04/28/2003, you wrote:
>On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 07:26:05PM -0500, J.D. Bronson wrote:
> > FWIW, I am impressed. An older version I had tried of popa3d was very
> slow.
> > I had asked the list and I couldnt figure out what the trouble was.
>
>I don't know either.  There's no reason performance would differ so
>much between versions of popa3d.
>
>Do you still remember what version that was?

0.5.9?

> > Again, thanks for the excellent software. I installed it tonight on all
> the
> > machines I maintain (solaris of course) and there has not been a single
> > issue.
>
>You're welcome.
>
>Out of curiosity, -- are you building popa3d with its PAM support on
>Solaris?

No? - I dont think so...I set it to use shadow - if thats what you mean...I
dont understand much at all about PAM, except when I am in the kitchen :)

I would be happy to try or test for you, if you give me some directions on
what to do and test. I have several machines I can play with that are all
the same as my production units, but not in production.

I like that. This way, I can blow stuff up and not get in trouble.

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care