Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 03:10:24 +1100
From: Mick <asurfer@...g.com.au>
To:  popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: popa3d[28669]: Didn't attempt authentication

Ok.

While the connecting IP is now being logged, I'm still seeing the same
authentication error:

Mar 20 09:03:23 X xinetd[595]: START: pop3 pid=8197 from=X.X.X.X
Mar 20 09:03:24 X popa3d[8197]: Didn't attempt authentication
Mar 20 09:03:24 X xinetd[595]: EXIT: pop3 pid=8197 duration=1(sec)

I checked and X.X.X.X is indeed the IP of the person who has an account
on the machine (the account is only there until I figure out how to
enable virtual user support in popa3d).