Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 17:19:40 +0100
From: Georg Horn <horn@...lenz-net.de>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: New to popa3d, SMTP-after-POP-patch

Hi,

i'm new to the popa3d dawemon an this list. I just switched from
Qualcoms qpopper to popa3d and want to thank you for this nice peace
of software.

I have added my SMTP-after-POP solution for sendmail, that i used with qpopper
for years, to popa3d, perhaps this is useful for someone... It can be
downloaded from http://www.koblenz-net.de/~horn/smtp_after_pop/

This solution follows a slightly modified approach than others. The pop3 daemon
directly inserts the IP-address of the client into sendmails access.db
database. So you need no sendmail hack or syslog parsers, but, you need a small
program that removes addresses again from access.db. You can find all this at
the address given above.

Comments are welcome,
Georg