Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 19:03:27 +0100
From: Hatto von Hatzfeld <hatto@...esianer.de>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: "failed or refused to load"

Hello!

For some reason (a problem of procmail or formail, or of popa3 itself?)
in my mailboxes there is sometimes (hard to verify under which
conditions) an initial empty line (ASCII 10), either before the first
"From " or as only contents of a mailbox. When a pop3 client tries to
fetch mails, popa3 crashes and sends a
   Failed or refused to load /var/spool/mail/somebox
to syslog. I have written a small perl script which is checking all
mailboxes regularly by a cron job and repairs them; but that does not
seem to be a good solution... :-)

So, do you have any hints, what to do?

Or could someone tell me what to do to convince popa3d to delete initial
empty lines in a mailbox?

Thanks and bye,
Hatto v. Hatzfeld