Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 12:20:17 +0200
From: FAI - Thierry Montigneaux <thierrym@....org>
To: popa3d-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Problem with nb of connectiosn from single host

Solar Designer wrote:

> Those lines are cpp(1) directives, not comments.  All cpp directives
> start with a '#', which you should have kept.

Now you understand why I am not a programmer ;-)

OK, it works great now !

Interestingly, there is not much difference in the time it takes to query
105 accounts every 5 minutes through INETD or running POPA3D as a daemon on
our server (around 49-53 seconds, on a Cyrix P-166, with 32 Megs of RAM),
but I will keep it running as a daemon as one of my goal was to minimize
the number of services running on our mail gateway, and we can now get rid
of INETD.

Thanks again for your support !