Date: Tue, 19 May 2020 22:17:42 +0200
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Owl kernel update

Hi,

In a recent discussion with Adam Zabrocki around LKRG and which exploits
it prevents, he happened to reference a blog post series from late 2018
on exploiting CVE-2017-11176, and I realized that we didn't patch this
vulnerability in Owl kernels.  Oops.  While Owl isn't actively supported
anymore and hasn't been for some years, I am likely to get the really
critical fixes like this in.  So here goes, in Owl-current only for now:

2020/05/19      Package: kernel
SECURITY FIX    Severity: high, local, active
Merged the most relevant fixes from RHEL5's -436, including for the
following local vulnerabilities: use-after-free in sys_mq_notify()
allowing for a local root compromise and container escape by any user
(CVE-2017-11176), divide-by-zero in __tcp_select_window() allowing for a
local DoS (CVE-2017-14106), use-after-free in ALSA allowing for a local
root compromise by a host user in group "audio" if the vulnerable kernel
module is loaded (CVE-2017-15265).  Also fixed is an inconsistency in
modify_ldt(2)'s memory (de)allocation, which got introduced along with
KPTI in our update to -431 and is known as Red Hat's "bug 1584622" and
might have had local security impact.