Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 15:51:27 +0400
From: croco@...nwall.com
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: revised instruction for Owl-based template creation (was Re:
	can't create users...)

Dmitry, All,

On Wed, Sep 30, 2009 at 12:01:58AM +0400, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 11:53:41PM +0400, croco@...nwall.com wrote:
> > open("/etc/tcb/crocodil/shadow.lock",
> > O_WRONLY|O_CREAT|O_NOCTTY|O_NONBLOCK|O_NOFOLLOW, 0600) = -1 EACCES
> > (Permission denied)
>
> /etc/tcb/crocodil should be owned by crocodil:auth and have access mode 02710.
> /etc/tcb -- root:shadow and 0710.
> /etc and / should have access mode a+x.

Dmitry, thank you very much!  The problem really was with the / directory
permissions.  Errr.. great experience :-)

2All: I've just created a wiki page with an instruction on Owl-based
template creation actually based on the instruction published by Galaxy on
this list 2 years ago.  The instruction contains more details (e.g. how to
use 'make installworld'), some links, the notice about "chmod 755 /", and
also --ostemplate instead of (erroneous) --os-template.  However, the
instruction perhaps needs to be improved further, so everyone's welcome to
take a part :-)  It is found here:

http://openwall.info/wiki/Owl/usage-examples/OpenVZ/template-creation

Thanks for cooperation!

--