Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 00:32:05 +0400
From: croco@...nwall.com
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: contrib php & apache-php

Colleagues,

I'm trying to setup a machine based on the recent Owl-current, and I'm
facing a trouble with dependencies; namely, trying to install apache-php
and php-* from the contrib/ section of the ftp site, I get failed
dependencies such as

        libreadline.so.4 is needed by apache-php-4.4.4-owl_add1

which seems to be obsolete, as there's libreadline.so.5 in the system.

Definitely I can rebuild everything from sources; however, may be someone
already has the appropriate packages?  Or may be there's a package with
older libs (they can coexist, afaik)?  If so, then please publish them, if
possible.  Anyway, I strongly believe that packages distributed via the
site (even contributed) should at least install, or not to be distributed
at all.

Thanks!
--
Croco