Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 11:18:04 +0500
From: vlad <faktroot@...l.ru>
To: Openwall users <owl-users@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: SATA controller

Hello Openwall,

  Excuse me for my bad English!
  I only start to study the version of distribution kit Openwall.
  For the beginning I wish to study its houses, therefore
  have decided to put on a house computer. But on my house computer
  only SATA-disks. Controllers SATA are not identified by the
  distribution kit. MB - ASUS P4P800-E Deluxe.
  There are drivers under controllers on a disk with a MB.
  But to compile them it is impossible because of mount
  partitions in a mode of "reading-only".
  In the description of drivers there are two ways of installation:
  1. During installation of system (at inquiry of specific drivers)
  2. In already established (New System) system.
  In the second variant it is required to make chroot on
  section/mnt/sysimage. But all partitions mount a mode "read-only".
  Having made search on your dispatch I have found a way
  "oremount" section /tmp with increase in the size of section:
  #  mount tmpfs /tmp -t tmpfs -osize=400M
  But acting in the same way with section/mnt does not change a
  situation with impossibility of compilation of the module for SATA the controller.
  The script of compilation of the module tries to do record in
  sections /etc, /etc/rc.d, /lib/modules, /tmp, /boot ... etc...
  Compilation of a kernel from source texts also is impossible, after a
  command
  # make modules_install
  It does not manage to write down modules in the catalogue /lib/modules

  How to me to solve the developed problem?
  Whether there is other way of installation of system on a hard disk?
  Well and a question a little other theme - whether it is possible to receive archive somehow
  Dispatches for all time to import it to the post program?

  Still time excuse for my awful English.
  I hope for your help. :)

--
With best wishes,