Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 11:29:48 -0500
From: "Steve Bremer" <steveb@...coinc.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Next Release

I thought I'd throw in my .02.

> Most likely not in the next release of Owl, although that depends on
> when we actually make it and the state of 2.4.x kernels by that time.

Although I wouldn't mind seeing the 2.4 kernel become the default,
I've learned to really like the slow/steady/safe development pace
taken by Owl.  Heck, even current is extremely stable in my
experience.  I _really_ like that security comes before features.

> > The kernel 2.2 - good, but Kernel 2.4 need rice for more reasons :
> > Database/Firewall + Iptables/TCP/IP stack with extension's.

I do think 2.4 has some nice firewalling/networking features that 2.2
lacks, but I can live with 2.2 for awhile if it means Owl continues to
stay as stable and reliable as it has been.

Steve Bremer
NEBCO, Inc.
System & Security Administrator