Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 23:40:52 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Next Release

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 07:57:21PM +0400, Lunar wrote:
> When you planed use 2.4.x kernel in next release ?

Most likely not in the next release of Owl, although that depends on
when we actually make it and the state of 2.4.x kernels by that time.

Currently, I am unsatisfied with 2.4.x.  I'd complain that 2.4.21
isn't coming out for months when there're publicly-known security
holes in 2.4.20, but some final fixes are simply not yet available,
not even in 2.4.21-pre's. :-(

Yet there's nothing which stops you from using Linux 2.4.x with Owl
already now, or with the 1.0 release.

> The kernel 2.2 - good, but Kernel 2.4 need rice for more reasons :
> Database/Firewall + Iptables/TCP/IP stack with extension's.

I have no idea of what you mean by "Database/Firewall".

> I think that be necessary recompile all packages ;-(

To use Linux 2.4.x with current Owl?  No.  You just do, and it works.

--
/sd