Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 01:57:37 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-users@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: First install

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 05:19:11PM +0100, Estrade Matthieu wrote:

Hi,

> It say me it can't find libc6 and some other libs.

Weird.

> Is it becoz i must have a previous system installed on my harddrive,

No.  There's no such requirement.

> or is it becoz i made something wrong.

Could be, although not necessarily (it could be an error in burning
the CD).

How much disk space did you allocate to your Owl partitions?

Were there any "Failed" lines during the "make installworld"?  If so,
their causes should have been on the screen, -- the first one is most
important, others could be a consequence.

You could want to double check that the CD was burned correctly.
There're mtree specs in its root directory which you can use, see "man
mtree" while booted off the CD.

--
/sd