Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 14:41:41 +0400
From: "(GalaxyMaster)" <galaxy@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Postfix 2.11 is ready for commit

Gremlin,

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 10:58:28AM +0400, gremlin@...mlin.ru wrote:
> This will allow the postfix package to co-exist with, say, msmtp...

While I agree with you that the sendmail symlink should be provided by a
separate package (or even a virtual one), I think that making it to be a
part of the postfix build process is wrong.  What we need to do is to
implement proper 'alternatives' interface, so the user could decide
which of the MTA packages provide the sendmail interface.

Just to be clear, I did the most of the hard lifting to bring postfix to
the latest available version with all our patches applied -- designing
and implementing distro strategies is currently not on my list of
priorities, so feel free to persuade the others on this list and
implement it once I push my update to the repository.

--
(GM)