Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 00:00:43 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: glibc update: rpm && coreutils

Vasiliy, Dmitry -

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 10:30:54PM +0400, Vasiliy Kulikov wrote:
> I'm trying to fix all our software that fails to build with glibc 2.14.1.
> Only two packages left: rpm and coreutils.

Great!

> I didn't investigate it in details, probably someone has already faced with
> this problem?

I did not run into these problems before.

For coreutils, you may want to consider upgrading our coreutils - or we
may try asking Dmitry to do this soon enough (like in a week), in case
he's available and willing to do it, of course. ;-)  We'll definitely
need to upgrade it before Owl 4.0 anyway.  (RPM is trickier.)

Also, please note that I intend to generate a set of ISOs shortly before
you commit the glibc upgrade.  So please coordinate this commit with me.

In fact, please coordinate the coreutils upgrade with me as well.

Thanks,

Alexander