Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:20:25 +0400
From: Vasiliy Kulikov <segoon@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: syslinux

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 02:52 +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 12:03:02AM +0400, Vasiliy Kulikov wrote:
> > A dummy thing - isolinux doesn't see a file with "-" inside.  I'll commit
> > the fix after the full install testing tomorrow.
>
> I would have appreciated you posting the fix in here.  It is wrong for
> us to keep the publicly available Owl-current tree in a broken state for
> longer than necessary.  Even an untested fix is better than no fix at all.
>
> I tried to find that issue with '-' in the code myself, but failed (in
> the time I spent so far).  However, I found that there's some support
> for symlinks.  syslinux-4.04/core/fs/fs.c has:
>
> /* Symlink hard limits */
> #define MAX_SYMLINK_CNT 20
> #define MAX_SYMLINK_BUF 4096
>
> and these are used in searchdir().  Yet you said symlinks didn't work?

I don't know yet why symlinks and filenames with dash don't work, but
creating a file with a dash and creating symlinks to both a filename
with dash and without it don't work.  No changes with absolute vs. relative
symlink either.

The changes I've committed today do work on i686 (QEMU), system
installation tested.

--
Vasiliy