Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 16:42:45 +0200
From: Daniel Cegiełka <daniel.cegielka@...il.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: gcc 4.6.1

I send some owl patches from my gentoo. I'm still using glibc-2.12 and
not everything can be immediately transferred to glibc-2.14. I added
patches from gentoo-hardened. Maybe you are interested. The file
glibc_patches_spec is a piece of code from the installation ebuild -
you can see with patches works with glibc-2.14.

You will probably have to update the perl (>=5.10) to be able to use
the glibc-2.14.

best regards,
daniel cegielka

2011/9/8 Vasiliy Kulikov <segoon@...nwall.com>:
> Solar, Daniel,
>
> On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 16:54 +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 02:46:34PM +0200, Daniel Cegie?ka wrote:
>> > What version of glibc you plan to use?
>>
>> 2.14 or whatever latest release at the time Vasiliy gets to update our
>> glibc package.
>>
>> It'd be nice if Vasiliy manages to get the gcc update in first, without
>> updating glibc yet - just as a development milestone.  But if this turns
>> out to be difficult, then updating gcc and glibc at once is acceptable.
>
> Yes, it would be nice.  If the changes can be divided into separate
> changes, they become not so difficult to understand.  Big changes
> might indicate about some hidden issues.
>

>> > I have gentoo with owl patches
>> > and many diffs I use with glibc-2.12. I have a problem with compiling
>> > sanitize-env.diff (glibc-2.12 and gcc-4.6.1). And there is a problem
>> > with perl-5.8.8 compilation with glibc-2.14 and gcc-4.6.1... perl-5.10
>> > works ok.
>>
>> Feel free to share these patches for Vasiliy's review/consideration.
>
> This would be great :)
>

> Thanks,
>
> --
> Vasiliy

Download attachment "glibc_gentoo_owl_patches.tar.bz2" of type "application/x-bzip2" (33206 bytes)