Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 06:21:56 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Georgi's Status Report - #1 of 15

Georgi, Vasiliy -

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 12:49:20PM +0400, Vasiliy Kulikov wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 11:36 +0300, Georgi Geshev wrote:
> > * Rebuilding world on a box provided by Alexdaner.
> > * Cleaning up the spec files.
> > * Figuring out and resolving any build issues.
>
> Rebuiling of RHEL6/OpenVZ kernel (and RHEL5/OpenVZ without Owl patch)
> should be an additional test.  AFAIU, gcc 3.4.5 cannot rebuild RHEL6
> kernel without additional workarounds (we have such workarounds for our
> RHEL5 kenel).

Yes, but I'd like to keep this separate from Georgi's current work on
updating gcc in Owl.  Even if the RHEL6/OpenVZ kernel doesn't build with
the new gcc right away, that is not a blocker for committing the gcc
update into Owl, which needs to be done first anyway.

(BTW, it's time for the second weekly reports.)

Thanks,

Alexander