Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 12:49:20 +0400
From: Vasiliy Kulikov <segoon@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com, root@...k-labs.exploits-bg.com
Subject: Re: Georgi's Status Report - #1 of 15

On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 11:36 +0300, Georgi Geshev wrote:
> Accomplishments:
>
> * I've built several distinct raw RPM packages with no patches applied
> at all - GCC 4.6.0 and GMP 4.3.2, MPFR 3.0.1 and MPC 0.9 as the latter
> are GCC dependencies.
> * I've done several `make buildworld's with GCC 4.6.0 on a x86 system.
> * I've also done basic research on the build errors.
>

> Priorities:
>
> * Rebuilding world on a box provided by Alexdaner.
> * Cleaning up the spec files.
> * Figuring out and resolving any build issues.

Rebuiling of RHEL6/OpenVZ kernel (and RHEL5/OpenVZ without Owl patch)
should be an additional test.  AFAIU, gcc 3.4.5 cannot rebuild RHEL6
kernel without additional workarounds (we have such workarounds for our
RHEL5 kenel).

Thanks,

--
Vasiliy

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (837 bytes)