Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 22:42:42 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: new soft: conntrack, ucarp

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 04:26:44PM +0400, Vasiliy Kulikov wrote:
> I'd suggest to include into Owl 3 packages:

Would you personally use them?

These sound reasonable and relevant, but we shouldn't get distracted to
packaging/maintaining things with zero users (in Owl), which we wouldn't
do very well anyway (lack of testing).

If we have some users waiting for these, then including them into the
base system sounds fine to me.

I understand that sometimes it works the other way around, though: first
functionality is introduced, then users for it appear (e.g., they start
to use Owl due to the functionality).  Yet I'd be happier to know that
we have/expect specific users before we add stuff.

Thanks,

Alexander