Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 15:01:29 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: owl-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: fragmented ICMP request

On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 02:36:33PM +0300, Vasiliy Kulikov wrote:
> There was a bug in checksum calculation of ICMP requests, fixed now
> (tested in i686 virtualbox).

Thanks!  Does this imply that your testing did not include packets
exceeding the MTU before?  Perhaps it should have...

> Now I wonder whether we should release fixed 028stab084.3 or
> fix VDSO compilation for 028stab085.1 first?  I'll have no time for the
> latter fix today.

I similarly have no time for doing "official" kernel builds today, and
the large ICMP issue is not urgent to fix.  It's just Owl-current, the
issue only affects a network troubleshooting feature, and there's a
workaround posted to owl-users.  So fixing it can wait.  You could post
more info on the bug/fix in here now, though (perhaps a patch).

Alexander