Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2023 13:11:37 +0100
From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@...e.de>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: New SMTP smuggling attack

On Fri, Dec 22, 2023 at 11:09:49AM +0000, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2023/12/22 11:46, Marcus Meissner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > FWIW as no CVEs were to be found yet, I filed a CVE request for Postfix now.
> >
> > Not sure if we need it for others like sendmail too, as that is also
> > referenced by the security researchers.
>
> I'm a little confused by sec-consult's process here. They identify a
> problem affecting various pieces of software including some very widely
> deployed open source software, go to the trouble of doing a coordinated
> disclosure, but only do that with...looking at their timeline... gmx,
> microsoft and cisco?

Yes its weird.

I was also confused and actually only spotted the OSS software being
affected on third read over their page.

They also reference CERT and VINCE, but at least SUSE was not pulled
into the VINCE issue if there was any. (as CERT has not published
anything I am not sure there was any besides the Cisco disclosure).

Also postfix timeline starts 4 days ago only.
https://www.mail-archive.com/postfix-announce@postfix.org/msg00090.html

Ciao, Marcus