Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 10:12:15 -0700
From: Michael Jumper <mjumper@...che.org>
To: announce@...che.org, announce@...camole.apache.org,
 dev@...camole.apache.org, user@...camole.apache.org
Cc: security@...camole.apache.org, oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: [SECURITY] CVE-2023-30575: Apache Guacamole: Incorrect calculation of
 Guacamole protocol element lengths

Severity: moderate
Base CVSS Score: 6.5 (AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:H/A:N)

Affected versions:

- Apache Guacamole through 1.5.1

Apache Guacamole 1.5.1 and older may incorrectly calculate the lengths
of instruction elements sent during the Guacamole protocol handshake,
potentially allowing an attacker to inject Guacamole instructions during
the handshake through specially-crafted data.

Mitigation:

Users of versions of Apache Guacamole 1.5.1 and older should upgrade to
the 1.5.2 release.

Credit:

We would like to thank Stefan Schiller (Sonar) for reporting this issue.