Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 16:59:37 -0700
From: "Philipp Jeitner (SIT)" <philipp.jeitner@....fraunhofer.de>
To: <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Fixed DNS UDP port in totd DNS forwarder (CVE-2022-34294)

We hereby disclose the discovery of a DNS Cache poisoning vulnerability
in totd DNS forwarder. totd is a non-caching DNS forwarder/proxy which
has not been further developed for a long time, yet it is still used in
some residential router firmwares. Because the projects age, there are
no patches available for the described issues.

Our findings are published in our 2022 paper "XDRI Attacks - and - How
to Enhance Resilience of Residential Routers" in August 2022.

Discovery/Credits

Philipp Jeitner, Lucas Teichmann and Haya Shulman
Fraunhofer SIT