Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 14:23:58 -0500
From: Tyler Hicks <code@...icks.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Pop!_OS Membership to linux-distros list

On 2021-07-27 19:59:24, Solar Designer wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 02:23:26PM -0600, Jeremy Soller wrote:
> > 9. Have someone already on the private list, or at least someone else who has
> > been active on oss-security for years but is not affiliated with your distro
> > nor your organization, vouch for at least one of the people requesting
> > membership on behalf of your distro (then that one vouched-for person will be
> > able to vouch for others on your team, in case you'd like multiple people
> > subscribed)
> >
> > I do not know if I have contacts that are already on the linux-distros list.
>
> It can also be "someone else who has been active on oss-security for
> years but is not affiliated".  Anyone?

I recognize Jeremy's name and IRC nick (jackpot51) from a few
discussions that we've had in the Ubuntu bug tracker and Ubuntu related
IRC channels. Our interactions don't go very deep but they were security
related. This was right around the time Pop!_OS would have been in
initial development (2017, according to Wikipedia).

I typically only "vouch" for people on linux-distros when I personally
know and have worked closely with them. That's not the case with Jeremy
but I do believe that he's in the correct line of work for membership
purposes.

Tyler