Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2021 19:38:29 +0100
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: Yury German <blueknight@...too.org>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Gentoo's "contributing back" linux-distros tasks

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020 at 02:36:55PM -0400, Yury German wrote:
> On 10/12/20 8:30 AM, Solar Designer wrote:
> > 13. Keep track of per-report and per-issue handling and disclosure
> > timelines (at least times of notification of the private list and of
> > actual public disclosure), at regular intervals produce and share
> > statistics (most notably, the average embargo duration) as well as the
> > raw data (except on issues that are still under embargo) by posting to
> > oss-security - primary: Gentoo, backup: Amazon
> >
> > and we saw some contributions from Gentoo on these, most notable being
> > their work on the statistics (task 13 above):

> > Unfortunately, the last update of these statistics ("Last modified:
> > 2019/10/15 01:52 by kristianf") is also when the contributions ceased.
[...]
> Currently I have been maintaining the statistics for the list, but there
> was a time from October to January that I was off the list and do not
> have the archive of the messages. I will need to work with someone to
> fill out those statistics as K_F is currently not available.
>
> I will be able to continue with Task 13, and will catch up during the
> weekend.

We had some discussions on the above with Gentoo folks off-list.  The
outcome is that Gentoo is unable to continue handling the statistics
task from the beginning of 2021 and on.  Yury has left Gentoo's security
team (and thus is now unsubscribed from linux-distros), but is
nevertheless willing to update the statistics until the end of 2020 as
he had kindly offered, in his personal capacity.  Thank you, Yury!

As to the missing period when Yury was off list, I am suggesting he uses
the headers-only archive I've just posted publicly to try and map issues
to oss-security postings.  Where headers are not enough, Yury will need
to ping me or someone from Gentoo who was on the list at the time to
help match things.

Alexander