Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2020 17:58:28 +0100
From: Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@...iankeil.de>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: CVE request experience (was: Multiple memory leaks fixed in Privoxy
 3.0.29 stable)

Fabian Keil <freebsd-listen@...iankeil.de> wrote on 2020-11-29:

>                Announcing Privoxy 3.0.29 stable
[...]
> - Security/Reliability:
>   - Fixed memory leaks when a response is buffered and the buffer
>     limit is reached or Privoxy is running out of memory.
>     Commits bbd53f1010b and 4490d451f9b. OVE-20201118-0001.

I tried to get a CVE for OVE-20201118-0001 by using the
"new" form at https://cveform.mitre.org/ on 2020-11-18 but
was told by MITRE that "the reported vulnerabilities would
fall in the scope of Red Hat for assignment" and that their
mail should be forwarded to secalert@...hat.com.

I did that on 2020-11-18 using the OpenPGP key recommended at:
https://access.redhat.com/security/team/contact

On 2020-11-23 I received a response from Red Hat claiming
that my e-mail had "no body".

The same day I replied with an unencrypted mail explaining
that the previous mail was OpenPGP-encrypted and asked whether
that was still supported.

As a result I was informed that "INC1525130" "has been resolved".

As of today I still haven't received a CVE and thus did
not bother to request CVEs for the other issues fixed in
Privoxy 3.0.29 ...

Fabian