Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 20:13:34 +0530
From: Pramod Rana <varchashva@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Open Source Tool | vPrioritization | Risk Prioritization Framework

It is no secret that today we have more vulnerabilities than we can assess
and remediate, timely and comprehensively. Risk prioritization is a key
component for any vulnerability management program. Implementing a good
risk prioritization framework is easier said than done because of the
variable nature of risk.

I am glad to introduce vPrioritizer, a small step towards effective risk
prioritization. vPrioritizer enables us to understand the contextualized
risk (vPRisk) on asset-vulnerability relationship level across the
organization, for teams to make more informed decision about what
(vulnerability/ties) they should remediate (or can afford not to) and on
which (asset/s).

To overcome above challenges, vPrioritizer is designed with primary
objectives as below:

   -

   *Centralized* - must serve as single-pane-of-glass for vulnerability
   management
   -

   *Automated* - any and every task which can be automated, must be
   automated
   -

   *Community Analytics *- utilization of community analytics to mature the
   prioritization algorithm over the period of time

<https://github.com/varchashva/vPrioritizer> 2. For more details:
https://medium.com/@rana.miet/learn-to-say-no-to-almost-every-vulnerability-intro-to-vprioritizer-9b2aa15369a1
<https://medium.com/@rana.miet/learn-to-say-no-to-almost-every-vulnerability-intro-to-vprioritizer-9b2aa15369a1>3.
Demo: https://youtu.be/P9IDpfJDoxI <https://youtu.be/P9IDpfJDoxI>*