Date: Wed, 8 May 2019 23:52:45 +0900
From: Seong-Joong Kim <sungjungk@...il.com>
To: Roman Drahtmueller <draht@...altsekun.de>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com,
	Noel Kuntze <noel.kuntze+oss-security@...rmi.consulting>
Subject: Re: Re: fprintd: found storing user fingerprints
 without encryption

I think that maintainer of fprintd should participate in this conversation.
As I mentioned before, I've just reported this vulnerability to the
upstream and shared the contents of maintainer's decision.

BTW, we first need a consensus about the necessary for protection of
fingerprints.
If not, there is no need to talk about it no longer.
But, I think it is worth protecting fingerprints as others have tried, that
I've mentioned before.

If you agree with this, it seems that we need more discussion about solving
the problem.
Also, I wonder if your solutions are already proven way to solve this issue.

Sincerely,
Seong-Joong Kim.

2019년 5월 8일 (수) 오후 10:13, Roman Drahtmueller <draht@...altsekun.de>님이 작성: