Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2017 16:50:51 -0400
From: Leo Famulari <leo@...ulari.name>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>,
	Denis Ovsienko <denis@...ienko.info>
Subject: Re: tcpdump 4.9.2 is fully available

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 04:08:21PM +0200, Levente Polyak wrote:
> On September 14, 2017 3:04:43 PM GMT+02:00, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> >
> >September 7 - an Arch Linux developer (who is not on (linux-)distros
> >and
> >apparently was not aware of the distros list discussion) brings the
> >issue to oss-security (it's unclear to me how that person knew of the
> >September 25 initial CRD); I approve that message right away
> >

> Leo Famulari has posted this here, and he is not affiliated with Arch
> Linux. AFAIK he is involved in the GNU Guix project.

That's correct, I was informed of the upcoming 4.9.2 release as part of
my work on Guix security. I'm not involved with Arch.

When the embargo failed, I notified oss-security immediately. I did not
contact the distros lists because Guix is not represented on those
lists.

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (834 bytes)