Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 20:11:11 +0000
From: Hector Marco <hecmargi@....es>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Ismael Ripoll <iripoll@...ca.upv.es>
Subject: Re: [FD] CVE-2016-4484: - Cryptsetup Initrd root Shell

Hello,

It would be more precise to say "2:1.7.3-2" rather than "2:1".
This number refers to the Debian package. It seems that Debian is using
different version numbers for the "cryptsetup" package:

https://security-tracker.debian.org/tracker/CVE-2016-4484

We are not sure whether the last part of the version number (2:1.7.3-2)
of the Debian package (1.7.3-2) is used to match with the cryptsetup
version.

Just to avoid confusion, the bug is on the scripts (initramfs) and not
in the cryptsetup encryption/decryption algorithms.

Regards,
Hector Marco & Ismael Ripoll.

> On Mon, Nov 14, 2016 at 08:45:51PM +0000, Hector Marco wrote:
>> Hello All,
>>
>> Affected package
>> Cryptsetup <= 2:1
>
> Hi,
>
> Can you clarify which versions are affected?
>
> The latest upstream version is 1.7.3:
>
> https://gitlab.com/cryptsetup/cryptsetup/commits/master
>
> What is the 2:1 version?

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (820 bytes)