Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 13:57:49 -0400
From: Daniel Micay <danielmicay@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Samsung S4 (GT-I9500) multiple kernel
 vulnerabilities

Further evidence that PaX/grsecurity are extremely important.

CVE-2015-1800 is prevented by the STRUCTLEAK GCC plugin.

The CVE-2015-1801 issues would have been caught by the ARM port of
UDEREF in non-exploit usage. I'd guess that a port of UDEREF to an
Android kernel would uncover more of these.

It's sad that Samsung never addressed this. I guess they might now that
there's a CVE, as vendors generally only backport security fixes when it
becomes an image problem.

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (820 bytes)