Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 16:39:05 +0000
From: Shachar Raindel <raindel@...lanox.com>
To: Roland Dreier <roland@...estorage.com>
CC: "oss-security@...ts.openwall.com" <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>,
	"<linux-rdma@...r.kernel.org> (linux-rdma@...r.kernel.org)"
	<linux-rdma@...r.kernel.org>, "stable@...r.kernel.org"
	<stable@...r.kernel.org>
Subject: RE: CVE-2014-8159 kernel: infiniband: uverbs: unprotected physical
 memory access

We delayed the disclosure until most major Linux vendors released a fix for
the issue, give or take in synchronization.

The Linux security contact list only guarantee secrecy for 7 days. We
therefore contacted them only close to the date at which fixes were going to
be released, to follow their expectations for period of time between contact
and public disclosure.

Thanks,
--Shachar