Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2015 15:15:04 +0100
From: Jakub Wilk <jwilk@...lk.net>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: heap overflow in procmail

* Tavis Ormandy <taviso@...gle.com>, 2014-09-03, 11:52:
>I noticed a heap overflow in procmail when parsing addresses with
>unbalanced quotes.

Unfortunately, there's more:
https://bugs.debian.org/769937

Apparently procmail upstream is inactive; and nobody understands how
this code works.

At this point, I'd recommend that formail users switch to reformail[0],
which is mostly (but not completely) compatible with formail.

[0] http://www.courier-mta.org/reformail.html

--
Jakub Wilk