Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2014 20:47:01 +0800
From: Matt U <matt.u@...ressvpn.com>
To: "oss-security@...ts.openwall.com" <oss-security@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: CVE-2014-8104 - Critical OpenVPN DoS Vulnerability

Hacking forums have been discussing exploiting this against consumer VPN
services - In this case I would agree it's pretty critical since it'll
likely be in Metasploit soon (if it isn't already) and from there everyone
will want to have a shot...

In any case, "critical" does seem a little subjective in any vulnerability
less than RCE or info disclosure. I guess in this case it depends on how
the software is being used.