Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 09:34:39 +0200
From: Rainer Gerhards <rgerhards@...adiscon.com>
To: Sven Kieske <s.kieske@...twald.de>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: vulnerability in rsyslog

> >> should
> other
> >>
> >> This still does not answer the above questions, it just changes the
> >> version number in your statement which led to my question.
> >>

> > you can view the complete patch set here:
> >
> > https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/commits/v7-stable
>
> This web page does list all commits to v7-stable.
> So I think you want me to dig through the code to find the answer to my
> question?
> I knew I could answer my question by going through the code, but I
> figured it would be easier to ask someone who is already familiar with it.
>
> It turned out I was wrong.

Sorry, it looks like I don't understand your question. 7.6.6 (7.6.7 today)
has no special patch file, because the version itself did receive the
necessary patches. If you'd like to see exactly which code was changed you
can also look at the totally-dead-version patches available here:
http://www.rsyslog.com/files/download/rsyslog/CVE-2014-3683-pri-vuln.tar.gz

If you prefer, I can also do a

$ git diff v7.6.5 v7.6.6

for you and post the result.