Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 14:59:31 +0530
From: Huzaifa Sidhpurwala <huzaifas@...hat.com>
To: akuster <akuster@...sta.com>
CC: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: kexec-tools: Multiple security flaws by management
 of kdump core files and ramdisk images

On 10/05/2011 10:09 PM, akuster wrote:
> What version does this affect ?

My mail should have been more verbose earlier. sorry for that!

The flaw exists in the set of shell scripts, shipped with Red Hat
Enterprise Linux and Fedora kexec-tools packages.

(kdump.init and mkdumprd, more specifically)

I am not sure what other distros. ship these scripts.

--
Huzaifa Sidhpurwala / Red Hat Security Response Team