Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 12:19:20 -0400
From: Dan Rosenberg <dan.j.rosenberg@...il.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: akuster <akuster@...sta.com>, Josh Bressers <bressers@...hat.com>
Subject: Re: Closed list

Hi Armin,

> What method of proving this would be acceptable? screen shot, temporary
> access to our site, public list or other?

I'm confused why you think posting an advisory publicly would somehow
put your customers in any sort of additional danger.  All of the
vulnerabilities you would be fixing are certain to have public
advisories for other distributions, so it seems obvious that your
customers would be affected also.  It's not as though your advisories
are the only indication to an attacker that your customers are
vulnerable.

Regards,
Dan