Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 17:52:36 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...us.mitre.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
cc: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...us.mitre.org>,
        Eugene Teo <eugeneteo@...nel.sg>
Subject: Re: CVE request: multiple kernel stack memory
 disclosures

All,

I apologize for taking so long to handle this.  Dan, thanks for being
so diligent about digging up more information!  That couldn't have
been easy, let alone fun.

- Steve

http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2010/10/07/1

Author: Dan Rosenberg

>  ipc/shm.c (shmctl), reported and fixed by Kees Cook
>  Affects >= 2.6.0, >= 2.4.0
>
>  Reference:
>  http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/10/6/454

CVE-2010-4072

>  ipc/compat.c (compat versions of semctl, shmctl, and msgctl)
>  Affects >= 2.6.8
>
>  ipc/compat_mq (compat versions of mq_open and mq_getsetattr)
>  Affects >= 2.6.8
>
>  Reference:
>  http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/10/6/492

CVE-2010-4073

http://www.openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2010/10/06/6

Author: Dan Rosenberg

Due to the high variation in affected kernel versions, most of these
are SPLIT.

(see http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/9/16/294)

>  usb/serial/mos*.c
>  Fixed in 2.6.36-rc5
>  Affects >= 2.6.19

CVE-2010-4074

>drivers/serial/serial_core.c
>Not fixed yet (Alan Cox's fix will be in 2.6.37)
>Affects >= 2.6.0

CVE-2010-4075

>drivers/char/amiserial.c
>Not fixed yet (Alan Cox's fix will be in 2.6.37)
>Affects >= 2.6.0, >= 2.4.0

CVE-2010-4076

>drivers/char/nozomi.c
>Not fixed yet (Alan Cox's fix will be in 2.6.37)
>Affects >= 2.6.25

CVE-2010-4077

>drivers/net/usb/hso.c (CVE-2010-3298)
>Fixed in 2.6.36-rc5
>Affects >= 2.6.29

Already assigned - CVE-2010-3298

>FBIOGET_VBLANK stack leaks:

>drivers/video/sis/sis_main.c
>Fixed in 2.6.36-rc6
>Affects >= 2.6.11

CVE-2010-4078

>drivers/video/ivtv/ivtvfb.c
>Not fixed yet (patch has been queued)
>Affects >= 2.6.24

CVE-2010-4079

>Miscellaneous device ioctl stack leaks:

>sound/pci/rme9652/hdsp*.c
>Fixed in 2.6.36-rc6
>Affects >= 2.6.0 (hdsp.c), >= 2.6.13 (hdspm.c)

These are SPLIT because the affected files are in different versions.

hdsp.c - CVE-2010-4080

hdspm.c - CVE-2010-4081

>drivers/video/via/ioctl.c
>Fixed in 2.6.36-rc5
>Affects >= 2.6.28

CVE-2010-4082

>drivers/net/cxgb3/cxgb3_main.c (CVE-2010-3296)
>Fixed in 2.6.36-rc5
>Affects >= 2.6.21

Already assigned - CVE-2010-3296

>drivers/net/eql.c (CVE-2010-3297)
>Fixed in 2.6.36-rc5
>Affects >= 2.6.0, >= 2.4.0

Already assigned - CVE-2010-3297

>System call stack leak:

>ipc/sem.c
>Not fixed yet (patch queued)
>Affects >= 2.6.0, >= 2.4.0

Presumably the lack of a current patch means this will affect a
different version than CVE-2010-4072 (ipc/shm.c shmctl), see above.

CVE-2010-4083

- Steve